Of the 30 fish on Utah’s list, only three — all cutthroat — are considered popular game fish. Three others — all whitefish — are fish anglers might keep, and one — the Bonneville cisco — is more popular as a bait than a meal.
What is the biggest fish ever caught in Utah?
Utah has some great fishing. Here are the state records to prove it.
Catch and keep record fish.
|Weight||53 lbs. 15 oz.|
What is the biggest fish in Utah Lake?
According to current Utah fishing records, here are the five largest game fish caught in Utah.
- Lake trout. State record: 51 pounds 8 ounces. …
- Striped bass. State record: 48 pounds 11 ounces. …
- Brown trout. State record: 33 pounds 10 ounces. …
- Tiger muskellunge. …
- Channel catfish. …
- Bonus: Colorado pikeminnow.
Where is the biggest fish in Utah?
Want to catch a big fish? Here are 3 Utah lakes to check out
- Currant Creek Reservoir (Northeastern Utah) Currant Creek Reservoir is located about 40 miles northeast of Heber City and is designated as a Blue Ribbon Fishery. …
- Navajo Lake (Southern Utah) …
- Strawberry Reservoir (Central Utah) …
- Fishing tips for these waters.
What is the most common fish in Utah?
The Fish in Utah Waters
- In nearly every corner of the state, Utah’s rivers, lakes, and streams have excellent fishing that any angler would appreciate. …
- Around Park City, the most common fish are trout. …
- The High Uinta Mountains are home to many fish species that are much rarer to the state.
Is there salmon in Utah?
Vibrantly colored salmon crowding into streams and leaping up waterfalls may sound out of place in an arid climate, but kokanee salmon are well established in Utah. Kokanee are landlocked relatives of the sockeye salmon of the Pacific Coast, and they are just as exciting to catch as their saltwater kin.
What is the deepest lake in Utah?
Bear Lake (Idaho–Utah)
|Surface area||109 sq mi (280 km2)|
|Average depth||94 ft (29 m)|
|Max. depth||208 ft (63 m)|
|Water volume||6,500,000 acre⋅ft (8.02 km3)|
Are there blue catfish in Utah?
Other areas of the lake that offer great catfishing opportunities are the Utah Lake State Park Marina, Lincoln Beach, Geneva Bubble up and even the west side of the lake. After the spawn, catfishing continues to be good through the summer months, then starts to decline when the water temperatures start to drop.
What’s the biggest lake trout caught in Utah?
The Utah record for lake trout is 53 pounds, 15 ounces caught by Chance Scott earlier in the year. The record before that was a 51.5-pounder in 1988 and then prior to that was a 41-pounder, according to Utah Division of Wildlife Resources.
Does Utah have good fishing?
But for those who work with a rod and reel, Utah has another reason for being a bucket-list destination— it offers some of the best fishing in America. Our fish-loving team at Freedom National put together this list of the best places to fish in Utah to help you plan your next fishing trip to the Beehive State.
Are there steelhead in Utah?
Steelhead: Rainbow Trout and the River we run in Utah.
Where are the biggest trout in Utah?
According to the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, a 53-pound Lake Trout was caught at Flaming Gorge Reservoir recently breaking Utah’s state record. Chance Scott, of Utah, caught and kept this 53-pound, 15-ounce lake trout at Flaming Gorge.
Where is the best fishing in Utah right now?
6 Best Fishing Spots in Utah
- 2) Green River (Flaming Gorge)
- 3) Strawberry Reservoir (Uinta National Forest)
- 4) Fish Lake (South-central Utah)
- 5) Logan River (Logan)
- 6) Pineview Reservoir (Ogden)
What is the biggest fish in Bear Lake?
A fisherman from the United States has caught Great Bear Lake’s biggest fish of the season — a 24-kilogram lake trout.
Where are tiger trout in Utah?
Tiger Trout are commonly found in the following waters across Utah: Scofield Reservoir, Huntington Reservoir, Birch Creek Reservoir, Joe’s Valley Reservoir, Electric Lake, Causey Reservoir, Duck Fork Reservoir, Otter Creek Reservoir and Palisade Reservoir.